Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rick's and a good steak.

I went to Rick's Cafe last night with two dear friends, the place was warm and inviting. We sat in a corner booth and chatted uncontrollably until we realised that 15 minutes had passed and we were yet to be noticed by the 3 waiters standing around chatting. How does this complete lack of service happen in Cape Town? It's infuriating! When we finally were noticed and attended to we ordered and savoured a bottle of Diemersfontein Pinotage, is this not one of the best red wines ever? We ordered starters, the rather hot chilli-poppers with some grilled calamari, our mains were 2 steaks and 1 risotto respectively. I can truly say that my steak was superb, and as a steak connoisseur, I think that my opinion is rated up there with the best. I am wide open to suggestions of excellent steaks in and around Cape Town, so please audience do enlighten me? I will go to the ends of the earth for a good steak!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing beats a good steak and a great glass of red wine! Realise that I am completely biased, but best steak I truly ever had was at the Italian Kitchen in Tokai. Great chef there too :) - Kerry

    ReplyDelete